I'm into lists this week. Lists are a reliable fail-safe when your brain is failing.
- Sleep (fewer hours than the recommended 8 a night, way fewer than the desired 10+ hour sleep-in I would dream of if I had more sleep in which to dream)
- Fun family holiday trips (Total so far = 1 visit to Porirua Mental Hospital Museum on Tuesday).
- Hours in which to write
- Time spent lamenting the rain and the inability do outdoors activties/hang up washing due to weather
- Coffee (although still consuming less than I want to. Plan to reduce caffeine intake heading for its inexorable doom.)
- Number of trashy magazine articles read whilst waiting for hairdresser. Utter bewilderment at how microscopic curves on the abdomen of skinny celebs constitutes a 'baby belly' rather than exhalation. Plan to send photos of my whale-like third trimester stomach to womens' magazines to clarify this issue for them interrupted by the arrival of a soothing coffee from a nice apprentice hairdresser.
- Books on the growing pile of things I want to read