Murder and Matchmaking

Murder and Matchmaking
A novel mashup of Sherlock Holmes and Pride & Prejudice

Friday, November 27, 2009

I won NaNo!

Yay! 50,212 words reached today.



Even sweeter than the relief of making the 50,000 word mark before the end of November is the fact that my lovely husband presented me with a NaNo medal. How awesome is that? It rather appropriately has a genie lamp and an open book on the front and my name engraved on the back.





Yay! Now I get to wear a medal around the house. However, the little one seems to enjoy grabbing the medal and using it as a mummy-leash so maybe I won't wear it *all* the time.

8 comments:

Matt said...

Congratulations! I knew you could do it - hence ordering a medal several weeks ago :-)

It was not easy keeping it secret for the past few weeks, though. I may have shown a few people at work to help distract me from the fact that I had a secret pressie for you!

Unknown said...

You and Matt are both supercool :)

Mashugenah said...

I'm not too clear on what you mean by "won"? You mean you finished? It's a lot of writing and a marvellous achievement.

Matt said...

Anyone who reaches 50,000 words is deemed to have 'won' Nano. It's a personal challenge rather than a contest, so it can have a lot of winners.

I think something like 1 in 5 people who sign up actually complete it in any given year :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! that is an awesome medal and you have an awesome hubby.
Also I had to giggle at the mummy-leash comment, I've stopped wearing necklaces for that reason! lol

Debbie Cowens said...

Thanks. Yeah, mummy leashes are cute. It's the yanking on dangly earrings that's more of a worry. :-)

Unknown said...

Well done on finishing Nano, quite an accomplishment with a child.

Congrats on the medal - you're lucky to have such a supportive and encouraging husband!

Debbie Cowens said...

Thanks, and yes, the husband is pretty wonderful.